Vegetarian Express saves valuable time by reducing manual order keying with AllSop Order Management Solution

Vegetarian Express is the leading specialist distributor of vegetarian and vegan products in the UK foodservice industry.

Founded in 1987, Vegetarian Express has experienced significant growth in response to the rising demand for vegan and vegetarian alternatives.

As the company expanded, they identified inefficiencies in their Procure Wizard processing workflow. To address this, they partnered with AllSop to develop a digital solution that could fully automate a previously time-consuming, manual process.

Working closely with the Vegetarian Express team, AllSop successfully built and implemented an Order Management Solution (OMS) to automate their Procure Wizard orders which were received via email.


Vegetarian Express



United Kingdom

Solution Used

Order Management
Procure Wizard Plug-in

Download PDF

Vegetarian Express PDF


Automated Orders


Saved Hours


Happy customers and chefs

The Problem

Prior to implementing the AllSop Order Management System, Vegetarian Express received 80% of orders from their Web Portal, however, the remaining 20% were received from Procure Wizard via email, requiring one full-time staff member to handle email order processing.

A team member would then be required to manually review each line item in the order for accuracy. If any issues were found, they would email the account manager responsible for resolution.

What They Needed

This resulted in a time-consuming, manual process with a series of unconnected spread sheets to check stock levels, requested delivery days, and prices before they could then rekey the orders into their ERP for fulfilment.

As Vegetarian Express’s customer base grew, the number of Procure Wizard, exceptions and out-of-sequence email orders also increased. The manual and time-consuming manual order process became an inhibitor to growth.

Order Management Solution and how it works

AllSop Solution

In close collaboration with the Vegetarian Express team, using the latest AI and digital innovation technology, AllSop developed a fully automated Order Management Solution.

By utilising Robotic Process Automation (RPA), the AllSop Procure Wizard Plug In scans all incoming email orders and automatically extracts the necessary information. The extracted data is then integrated with their ERP system for fulfilment.

Procure Wizard Plug-In

Additionally, the AllSop Artificial Intelligence (AI) process automation validates the Procure Wizard ID. Once validated, the customer’s auto-generated order appears in their ERP system, and confirmation is sent to reconcile and confirm the order.

The order then follows standard business operating procedures and is delivered to the customer. The solution can be configured to incorporate business logic to promptly notify the appropriate account manager of any order issues.

Procure Wizard Plug-In that removes manual keying


The Digital Transformation of the order management process has resulted in significant cost reduction and productivity gains for Vegetarian Express, substantially reducing the workload for their administrative team.

Last year AllSop’s order processing technology enabled Vegetarian Express to automatically process an impressive 130,821 orders, saving the Customer Service team approximately 12,188 hours or 569,218 customer order lines that would have otherwise been manually entered.



20% of Orders


The manual data entry task has been eliminated, and there is no longer a need to continuously monitor email inboxes. This has led to a reduction in data entry errors and improved customer service, as any order issues are promptly identified and resolved.

By centralising all order details in one solution, management now has complete visibility, which has contributed to improved accountability across the team in terms of issue resolution.

As a result of this growth and efficiency, the entire Vegetarian Express team, consisting of over 3000 chefs and customers, is undoubtedly happier!

“The ability to grow and expand the Order Management Solution has been a tremendous benefit for us. Working closely with AllSop, we have been able to build upon our initial requirements and develop a system that will support our future needs.”

Head of Programme Management

Vegetarian Express

Request a live demo

Grow Your Business with Automation

Book your demo with Allsop Software now and we will contact you right away to arrange a call at a convenient time