Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Senior Software QA Tester
Who are you?
You are a motivated and diligent Software QA who is passionate about delivering the highest quality products to our clients. You have commercial experience in software testing. Working within the development team you will play a key role in the delivery of production-ready client solutions. A keen interest in software testing and the latest technologies is highly desirable.
Who are we?
We are Allsop. We’ve been developing business technology solutions for 20 years. We deliver cloud-based web and mobile solutions to clients across the world using the latest technologies and empower our clients to push through technology barriers. We have a team of passionate technologists behind the solutions who all play a vital role in the development of these production-ready client solutions. We’re currently in a critical growth stage as we become an increasing presence in Belfast. We’re looking for proactive people who love developing software as much as we do.
What will you do?
You’ll be working alongside other developers and our support team, testing software to deliver to the highest standards to our clients. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise is important.
- Shape and influence Allsop’s testing processes as we continually improve our company
- Ensure quality of code and applications across multiple QA cycles throughout their lifecycle
- Leading mid-level and junior testers in testing processes
- Managing customer deployments and rollout of new builds
- Define best practice for the agile development of applications
What will you have?
- Extensive knowledge of modern web, cloud and mobile business systems and architectures
- Customer service experience with clear communication for customers and developers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to work well as part of a team and a drive to self-develop are all highly desirable
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt with new technologies
- Extensive test functionality across a broad technology stack with the ability to troubleshoot
- Experience working on multiple/ simultaneous projects and feel confident working with developers
What might you have?
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with Azure
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices (including CI/CD)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps, JIRA (or similar Knowledge of documenting software defects)
- Agile Environment experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate
- Working knowledge of Selenium
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent candidate, with a genuine interest in software, to help enhance and further develop our client solutions within a growing company. You will enjoy exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment whilst working with the most up-to-date technologies.
Salary range: £35,000 – £45,000 pa (Dependant upon Experience)
To be considered for this position, please apply here.
Benefits of Working at Allsop
People are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop: