Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Mid-Level Software QA Tester
We are a highly motivated, smart, humble, innovative, cohesive team waiting to welcome you to our organisation.
Starting out in the home office of our Chairman Trevor Allsop with just 3 people, we have successfully grown to nearly 25 team members housed in a bright modern Belfast office. Although we have grown fast we have still maintained our core values and as a small company, you will make a big impact!
Job Description/ Why We’re Hiring:
Allsop are seeking a motivated and diligent Software QA who is passionate about delivering the highest quality products to our clients. Our Software QA must have commercial experience in software testing. Working within the development team you will play a key role in the delivery of production-ready client solutions. A keen interest in software testing and the latest technologies is highly desirable.
You’ll be working alongside other developers and our support team, testing software to deliver to the highest standards to our clients. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise is important.
- Functional / Non- Functional Testing
- Automation Testing
- Ensure quality of code and applications across multiple QA cycles throughout their lifecycle
- Define, Build, Automate and Execute Tests
- Define best practice for the agile development of applications
- Create and Maintain detailed test plans
- Liaise directly with the business and development teams
- Signing Off releases for deployment to the live production platform
- Working with the Client Support team in triaging customer identified support issues
- Working knowledge of modern web, cloud and mobile business systems and architectures
- Customer service experience with clear communication for customers and developers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to work well as part of a team and a drive to self-develop are all highly desirable
- Diligent with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt with new technologies
- Extensive test functionality across a broad technology stack with the ability to troubleshoot
- Experience working on multiple / simultaneous projects and feel confident working with developers
- Responsible for software deployment phase, you should have experience working with stakeholders for project success
- Professional and multi-tasking abilities
- Attention to detail with an adaptable and flexible approach to projects
- Ability to communicate quickly and clearly with your team
- Ability to prioritise workloads
Within this role, the successful candidate will be proactively working with the rest of the team to ensure the right quality checks are in place to deliver new releases.
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with Azure
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices (including CI / CD)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps, JIRA (or similar knowledge of documenting software defects)
- Agile Environment experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate
- Working knowledge of Selenium
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent candidate, with a genuine interest in software, to help enhance and further develop our client solutions within a growing company. You will enjoy exciting challenges in a fast-paced environment whilst working with the most up-to-date technologies.
Salary range: £25,000 – £35,000 pa (Dependant upon Experience)
To be considered for this position, please apply here.
Job Reference: QAT022020
Benefits of Working at Allsop
People are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop: