Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Mid-Level Back End Developer
Who are you?
You are a highly motivated and energetic developer who is passionate about delivering the highest quality of software solutions. You have knowledge in all stages of software development; however, your passion is in developing stable, scalable and secure RESTful API and microservice architectures that are consumed by web, mobile and M2M clients.
Who are we?
We are Allsop. We’ve been developing business technology solutions for 20 years. We deliver cloud-based web and mobile solutions to clients across the world using the latest technologies and empower our clients to push through technology barriers. We have a team of passionate technologists behind the solutions who all play a vital role in the development of these production-ready client solutions. We’re currently in a critical growth stage as we become an increasing presence in Belfast. We’re looking for proactive people who love developing software as much as we do.
What will you do?
You will have an active input in the whole process of the software development lifecycle. You’ll be working alongside many other highly talented developers, testers and designers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our wide varieties of client projects across several platforms, using the latest technologies such as .NET Core, Angular, Docker and Azure. On a day-to-day basis, you will be:
- Creating APIs and back-end services for our application suite
- Integrating client solutions with other systems using various integration methods, including WCF, REST APIs, SOAP, etc., including our Angular or Xamarin applications
- Mentoring junior members of the development team in our technologies and processes
- Working within an agile environment to develop high-quality software
- Providing second-line technical support to help resolve customer issues
What will you have?
- 2+ years of commercial development experience
- Knowledge of .NET Core Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Swagger/OpenAPI standards, and API testing tools such as Postman
- Knowledge and experience of Git source control
- An understanding of software development best practices and a desire to see them implemented
What might you have?
- Knowledge of Xamarin or other mobile development technologies
- Experience integrating complex line-of-business, ERP or Accounting systems
- Experience of web services and cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
Salary: £28,000 – £42,000 depending on experience
To be considered for this position, please apply here.
Benefits of Working at Allsop
People are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop: