Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is passionate about discovering insight hidden in vast data silos and driven to support smarter decisions leading to even better Allsop services.
Your primary focus will be applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems, that prescribe business direction. You will have the ability to present business results from customer data-based insights and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
Who are we?
We are Allsop, developing business technology solutions for 25 years. We deliver cloud-based web and mobile solutions to clients across the world using the latest technologies and empower our clients to push through technology barriers. Allsop has a team of passionate technologists behind the solutions who all play a vital role in the development of these production-ready client solutions. Allsop is in an exciting growth stage as we become an increasing presence in Belfast and are looking for proactive people who love delivering software solutions as much as we do.
Allsop is 100% committed to improving our customers through Intelligent Software, focused on our core values;
• Customer First
• Continually improving
Allsop has a portfolio of flexible web and mobile applications supporting and automating business processes in some of the largest employers across Ireland and the UK, presenting tremendous data opportunities.
What will you do?
The Allsop Fusion programme aims to deliver an intelligent price optimisation software tool utilising Artificial Intelligence (AI) to model internal and external factors automating the current manual process. Analysing such data will enable Allsop’s customers to gain a better understanding of the elasticity of price throughout the product range.
As well as an attractive salary offering of £21000 – 27,000 (dependent on experience), the successful Data Scientist will lead this 12 Month project, in a supportive partnership with Athlone Institute of Technology and will also have the opportunity to study for a Post Grad Diploma in Business & Management as part of the employment package. This is a full-time permanent role.
This role involves exploring business data to uncover and develop insights that support senior management decision making, so will include:
• Work with all project stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement
• Deliver an intelligent price optimisation toolset in conjunction with Fusion
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Use predictive modelling to support business decision making
What will you have?
- Hold (or due to be awarded by July 2020), minimum (2.2) degree in Software Development/Computer Science/Business Computing or related field
- Motivation to work on your own initiative without direction
- Passion for problem-solving in a business context
- Ability to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets using statistical computer tools (Excel, Power BI, R, Python, T-SQL, etc.).
- Experience in relational/big data database design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Motivation to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Be legally permitted to work in the UK
What might you have?
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Experience in graph-based databases
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
To be considered for this position, please apply here.
Benefits of Working at Allsop
People are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop: