Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Back-End DeveloperAllsop is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Back-End .NET Developer who is passionate about delivering the highest quality products to our clients. Our developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development, however, your passion will be in creating functional APIs, databases, and cloud-based DevOps solutions – rather than just making things look pretty (thankfully we have other talented people for that!). Over 90% of Allsop’s solutions are deployed to the cloud, and working within the development team you will play a key role in the development of these production-ready client solutions and will be immersed into the full-stack of the software development lifecycle. A keen interest in software development, technology (and everything else deemed “geeky” by the uninformed) is highly desirable. You’ll be working alongside many other highly talented developers and designers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our wide varieties of client projects across several platforms, pushing the boundaries of the latest technologies such as Azure, .NET Core, Angular 6, Ionic and Xamarin. As a Back-End Systems Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing client solutions utilizing .NET Core Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Integrating client solutions with other systems using various integration methods, including WCF, REST APIs, SOAP, etc.
- Helping to define and influence the future technical direction for the evolution of client solutions
- Working with the front-end web/mobile developers to integrate with our AngularJS/Angular or Xamarin applications
- Supporting the deployment of client solutions into production
- Working within an agile environment to develop high-quality software
- Providing second-line technical support to help resolve customer issues
- Knowledge of .NET Core Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Swagger/OpenAPI standards, and API testing tools such as Postman
- Knowledge and experience of Git source control
- An understanding of software development best practices and a desire to see them implemented
- Proven track record of developing commercial applications using .NET/MVC, or equivalent experience with another comparable development stack
- A desire to constantly learn and upskill your abilities
- The ability to absorb new technical information and apply it effectively
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Commercial experience with .NET Web API/MVC
- Knowledge of Xamarin or other mobile development technologies
- Experience integrating complex line-of-business, ERP or Accounting systems
- Experience of web services and other integration methods
- Experience of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Experience of Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS
- Previous experience working in an Agile development environment
- Current industry certifications
Allsop is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment to all persons.
Benefits of Working at AllsopPeople are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop:
Competitive Salary and Target Based Progression Plan
We work together to get your talent shining. We are an open and honest company and will map out exactly how you can progress.
Workplace Pension Scheme
The workplace pension provided by The People’s Pension provides a great opportunity to save for your retirement.
Training and Development
Our culture of learning and development is aided by individual professional development plans.
Healthcare Plan and Private Medical Insurance
We offer a healthcare plan with different levels for your wellbeing. You can claim cashback on dental, optical, physiotherapy costs and more.
As we work hard to deliver for our clients as well as progressing in our KPI’s, Allsop will share with you a percentage of its profits on a quarterly basis.
Latest Hardware and Software
Ensuring that you have the right tools to excel in your role.
Free snacks, hot drinks and breakfast
It’s important to keep your energy and concentration up. We also don’t want any ‘hangry’ people in our calm office!
Quarterly Team Trips
It’s important as a hard-working bunch to let our hair down. Taking time out and doing something a bit ‘different’ than beer and pizza on a Friday.
Monthly Team Breakfast
We get together once a month, over some coffee, ketchup, and filled sodas.
What our Employees have to say about Working at Allsop
You have the autonomy to grow in your role and develop your skills. Allsop invests in training and development. I also love that you have a voice within the company, our ideas are not just listened to, but implemented.” Emma Galbraith, Chief Happiness Officer
A great work-life balance, if I need time off Allsop is flexible. It’s a relaxed atmosphere where we work intelligently to get great results.” Daniel Rocks, Software Developer
I like that Allsop is forward-thinking and innovative with the ability to keep up with the latest technologies. It’s great to have the opportunity to explore and implement the latest languages.” Matt McNabb, Front-End Software Developer
There is a great variety of work, you are never bored, every day is different and it is great getting the customer feedback and seeing the difference we are making to their business.” Chris Marks, Software UI Developer
I love that we all work as a team across departments and we have a great positive atmosphere. Allsop is a friendly place to work and I really enjoy coming into the office.” Angela Allsop, Office Administrator