Join Our TeamBrowse the latest opportunities at Allsop
Allsop is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Back-End .NET Developer who is passionate about delivering the highest quality products to our clients. Our developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development, however, your passion will be in creating functional APIs, databases, and cloud-based DevOps solutions – rather than just making things look pretty (thankfully we have other talented people for that!).
Over 90% of Allsop’s solutions are deployed to the cloud, and working within the development team you will play a key role in the development of these production-ready client solutions and will be immersed into the full-stack of the software development lifecycle. A keen interest in software development, technology (and everything else deemed “geeky” by the uninformed) is highly desirable.
You’ll be working alongside many other highly talented developers and designers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our wide varieties of client projects across several platforms, pushing the boundaries of the latest technologies such as Azure, .NET Core, Angular 6, Ionic and Xamarin.
As a Back-End Systems Developer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing client solutions utilizing .NET Core Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Integrating client solutions with other systems using various integration methods, including WCF, REST APIs, SOAP, etc.
- Helping to define and influence the future technical direction for the evolution of client solutions
- Working with the front-end web/mobile developers to integrate with our AngularJS/Angular or Xamarin applications
- Supporting the deployment of client solutions into production
- Working within an agile environment to develop high-quality software
- Providing second-line technical support to help resolve customer issues
Skills, Attributes and Experience
The following are essential:
- Knowledge of .NET Core Web API, Entity Framework and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Swagger/OpenAPI standards, and API testing tools such as Postman
- Knowledge and experience of Git source control
- An understanding of software development best practices and a desire to see them implemented
- Proven track record of developing commercial applications using .NET/MVC, or equivalent experience with another comparable development stack
- A desire to constantly learn and upskill your abilities
- The ability to absorb new technical information and apply it effectively
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
The following are desirable:
- Commercial experience with .NET Web API/MVC
- Knowledge of Xamarin or other mobile development technologies
- Experience integrating complex line-of-business, ERP or Accounting systems
- Experience of web services and other integration methods
- Experience of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Experience of Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS
- Previous experience working in an Agile development environment
- Current industry certifications
Salary: £25K – £45K dependant on experience.
To be considered for this position, please apply here.
Benefits of Working at Allsop
People are our most important asset and sometimes it’s nice to have little perks. As we are growing so are our benefits. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy at Allsop:
Competitive Salary and Target Based Progression Plan
Workplace Pension Scheme
Training and Development
Healthcare Plan and Private Medical Insurance
Latest Hardware and Software
Free snacks, hot drinks and breakfast
Quarterly Team Trips
Monthly Team Breakfast
What our Employees have to say about Working at Allsop
Emma Galbraith, Chief Happiness Officer
Daniel Rocks, Software Developer
Matt McNabb, Front-End Software Developer
Chris Marks, Software UI Developer
Angela Allsop, Office Administrator
What's your passion?Be a part of the talent pool
Keep in Touch!
Interested in joining our team, but waiting for the right time or the right role?
Let’s keep in touch! We’re a quickly growing team that’s always looking for awesome talent like you.